I am currently writing a book and accompanying design kit.
Who is this book for?
- Creative Directors, Showrunners
- Narrative Designers
- Interactive Writers, Screenwriters
- Game Designers, Level Designers
- UX, Interaction, & Service Designers
- Creative Producers who want to understand the aesthetic ramifications of development, production, distribution, and marketing decisions
- Educators teaching any of the above
I am drawing on my previous published work on cross-media interaction design, as well as the insights I have gained over the years as a designer, researcher & educator. It is illustrated by Marigold Bartlett, who has worked with me on the Magister Ludi Game and forthcoming board game DIY SPY.
- I tested the first prototype at a workshop on Transmedia Writing & Design at Unitech, New Zealand in November, 2015.
- I gave two 3 hour lectures with short exercises for first year multidisciplinary classes at Griffith University in 2016.
- I gave a speech at the Navitas Women’s Networking event in Sydney in 2016 about concepts from the book introduction.
- I gave two workshops at SAE Creative Media Institute film and media students, taking them through interest design techniques and audience design techniques respectively, in November, 2016.