CMID ´07 is the first international conference on cross-media interaction design. The conference will bring together researchers and practitioners from a wide range of areas to address questions related to cross media design, new media landscapes and media- oriented interaction studies.
March, 22-25, 2007
The modern media landscape is a mixture of applications, platforms and media blended with advanced navigational structures in support of various kinds of activities including marketing, gaming, collaboration, blogging, and much more. The web as a media platform is becoming more and more focal. More and more often, web sites employ the cross-media concept; they include a wide range of media, such as television, chat, or mobile SMS and MMS.
Cross-media, media convergence, experience design, funology, affective computing, emotional design etc. are concepts that are becoming increasingly popular in modern interaction design. However, cross media interaction design is not solely about the web. Games, mobile phones, iPods, media players and other mobile devices also play a big part in this new era of communicating and sharing our media content to others in the world.
The aim of this conference is at improving our understanding of interaction design as a cross-media activity without boundaries, an understanding that takes into account interaction intense user experiences.
Topics of relevance may include, but are not limited to:
– Cross-media interaction design studies
– Cases illustrating the web as a cross-media platform
– Theoretical frameworks that address identified issues in relation to experience design and usability for the web or other media.
– Interaction studies of cross-media concepts addressing, for instance, user behaviour, choice of interaction platform, interaction content etc.
– Cultural aspects of cross-media interaction design
– Critical reflections on cross-media interaction design
Congrats! Have a fun trip!
You behave over there won’t you!
hehe, yes, I’ll have fun and yes I’ll behave myself. 😉
in sweden, frangelico drinks you!