On the 26th-28th March, the X|Media|Lab will hold a special lab in Mumbai on ‘Digital Entertianment’.
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry’s (FICCI) FRAMES conference is India’s largest entertainment business event with over 1,500 delegates – it’s the ‘who’s who’ of Indian film, television, animation, interactive, and mobile content. X|Media|Lab is an official partner of the FRAMES event and focuses on the theme of “Digital Entertainment”.
International mentors at the Mumbai Lab include:
– world renowned film-maker Shekhar Kapur (Director of “Elizabeth” starring Cate Blanchett)
– Priya Prakash, the head of the BBC’s interactive media player project (iMP)
– Matt Costello, writer of best-selling computer games “DOOM 3” and “Pirates of the Caribbean 3”
– Mark Ollila, Nokia Multimedia’s worldwide Director of Strategy and Technology
– Marcelino Ford-Livene, general manager of consumer strategy for Intel’s Digital Home Group
– Isaac Kerlow, film-maker and Board member of the Media Development Authority and the National Research Foundation in Singapore
– Madhavan, the CEO of India’s largest animation company
– Hong Kong interactive TV pioneer, Robert Chua
– Dale Herigstad, 4-time Emmy Award winner including the very first Interactive Emmy
– Tom Kennedy, Board Member Australian Film Commission
Accreditation at FRAMES is included for all Lab participants as well as participation in all FRAMES VIP events. Project nominations are still open for X|Media|Lab at FRAMES, the most important event of the India entertainment industry calendar, held in India’s “Maximum City” – Bombay.
Media partners include CNBC Asia, Animation ‘XPress, and India Television.com.
Project teams have already been selected from India, the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. You can still nominate your project idea and team to participate in the Lab at the website: www [dot] xmedialab [dot] com. Existing FRAMES delegates are particularly welcome to apply as there is no additional fee for Lab participation if you are registered for FRAMES.