* The Avatar as Communication – Dr Angela Thomas, Sydney University (Anya Ixchel, editor of Slatenight)
* Fashion parade: Fashioning the Avatar (showcasing the range of unique identities in SL)
* Remediation of the Art Space in SL – Christy Dena, Sydney University (Lythe Witte, writer for Slatenight)
* Music in Second Life: Panel Discussion and Live Music – with Silas Scarborough, ZeroOne Paz, Mel Cheeky, Cybster Curtis and Billy Thunders (Cletis Carr)
* Future Perfect: Projections forward to an even better world – Dell Wilberg (creative designer of Slatenight)
* Engaging the Disengaged: Using SL to Revitalize the Undergraduate Classroom – Danielle Mirliss and Heidi Trotta, Seton Hall University, NY (Danielle Damone and Heidi TeeCee, writers for Slatenight)
If you have Second Life downloaded already, and are a member of the NMC guests group (to access the NMC sim you need to be a guest of the group), here is the SLURL.
For a list of ongoing posts about the many other symposium events (including a talk with Howard Rheingold!), check the NMC Observer.
The full schedule of the events is here. Oct 21st has Howard Rheingold!! Hope to ‘see’ you inworld! IM me if you’re having trouble figuring out how to get there. 🙂
It was great fun, Christy. Too bad it was a bit late for aussies, because you missed an interesting talk by Dell about the future of SL and virt.real. in general.
Hello Alex! I know! I hated having to leave early, but I’m about to go out the door for a radio interview that I had already postponed before. And I had to get some sleep. I so hope Dell’s talk is podcast. But I’ll miss out on his presentation side of things which I’m sure would of been wonderful too. I’ll ask him what the future of SL and virt.real. is!! Thanks for taking the time to come by Alex!