FORWARD/STORY (Forward Slash Story) is a by-application 3 day residential lab that takes place in different locations around the world each year. In 2014 we ran a lab at The Hamptons, USA, and in 2015 we held the lab in Nosara, Costa Rica, May 15, 16, 17 & 18th. It is a special lab for writers and designers who work in uncharted territories to share their journey, techniques, socialize, collaborate, and solve problems.
The lab is co-founded and directed by myself and Lance Weiler. It is supported with sponsorship from Columbia University Digital Storytelling Lab, and in 2014 by Squarespace.
Matthew C. Mills
Steve La Rue
Ken Eklund (alumni)
Noel Patrick Qualter
Press & Participant Posts about the experience:
- Lance Weiler, ‘Finding the Pause Button,’ Filmmaker Magazine
- Fan Sissoco’s ‘Forward Story 2015,’ WhatFanLearns.wordpress.com
- Lee-Sean Huang: https://medium.com/
- Hank Blumenthal, Georgia Institute of Technology – ‘22 Storytellers‘
- Mark Harris, Murmurco – ‘5 Takeaways from Forward / Story 2015‘
- Simon Staffans: http://
simonstaffans.com/2015/06/03/ forwardslashstory-the-stone- that-sends-the-ripples/, http: //simonstaffans.com/2015/05/ 22/the-difficult-client-you/, http://simonstaffans.com/2015/ 06/02/the-no-plan-plan/
- Trevor Haldenby, The Mission Business (Canada) – ‘The Forward/Story Incident‘
- Ruth Tauber’s ‘Forward/Afterthoughts‘, RuthTauber.co.uk
- Rosie Poebright, Ripple & Splash (UK) – ‘Forward/Story‘
- Steve La Rue: http://surfinghollywood.
com/2015/05/22/surf-report- costa-rica-draws-storytellers- from-around-the-world-for- forwardstory-writers-lab/